C64Music!

Commodore 64 Music in the real world & other related SID stories

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Micro Rhythm

One track sample-based sequencer written in 1986 by Simon Pick, ''...I borrowed a drum machine from a local shop, sampled everything and put together the user interface. I didn't really know what I was doing until it was finished - it took about 3 days I think - I sent it off to Firebird & they snapped it up..."

Well, this is a true C64 gem, with total realtime live control. It actually consists of 4 programs (Micro Disco, Micro Rhythm, Micro Tuned & Micro Vocals) which are actually the same but with different samples assigned. I specially enjoyed Micro Tuned & Micro Vocals, deep stuff, play around with it and you'll see what I mean.

to get it going these are the main keys:

S - Start Sequence
< - Decrease Tempo
> - Increase Tempo

just start the sequence and play on the keyboard from Q to P to trigger the samples!

get it from here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger



The C64 Banner Exchange
The C64 Banner Exchange

The C64 Banner Exchange
The C64 Banner Exchange

The C64 Banner Exchange
The C64 Banner Exchange



C64Music! is a publication by 1xN.org

© 2007 Some rights Reserved

enjoy life.