C64Music!

Commodore 64 Music in the real world & other related SID stories

Thursday, October 27, 2005

You can be a Floppy music star too...

This must have been around 1987, I remember my cousin showing me one of his latest disks he copied from friends... the demo was called 'Floppy Music'.. I really didn't expect at all what was about to happen... for the first time I heard the 1541 floppy drive rattle in time, making an incredible beat with it's different pitches and motor noises ! It just killed me! I have been searching for a long time for that demo and never found it... so the only thing I found is this, and I don't know if it's has any connections with that original demo.

Here you have the DRIVE COMPOSER which allows you to compose your own music for the 1541 and 1571 drives with a stepper motor... there is help included to get you around and some sample tunes.

For very obvious reasons this doesn't work on any emulator, you need the real thing.

download it from here

Feel free to send me your floppy compositions on mp3 and I'll gladly make a feature about it.

If you're interested in the technical side of this you can start here...

Just a thought, a midi controllable 1541 ??? Sid music with the 1541 making rhythms at the same time ??? *beep* this must be done!

disclaimer: I'm not sure how good or bad this is for the floppy drive itself so compose at your own risk. You've been warned ! Do not come to me after you've destroyed your floppydrive with your latest drum&bass track.

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger



The C64 Banner Exchange
The C64 Banner Exchange

The C64 Banner Exchange
The C64 Banner Exchange

The C64 Banner Exchange
The C64 Banner Exchange



C64Music! is a publication by 1xN.org

© 2007 Some rights Reserved

enjoy life.